The 4th Angkor Empire Marathon takes place in Siem Reap this Sunday 06 August, comprising both a half- and full marathon.
The races take place at the heart of the Angkor Wat temple complex, and are the perfect way to take in the medieval splendour of Cambodia’s prime tourist attraction while also giving your fitness a boost, and perhaps ticking off one or more bucket-list items!
Running in the shade of ancient trees at Siem Reap’s UNESCO world-heritage-listed archaeological site is a truly breathtaking experience. Runners pass several incredible temple sites, evolving through impressive landscapes over a vast area where rice fields, jungles and villages offer panoramas of surprising diversity.
If you’re planning to be in Siem Reap around the time of the Angkor Empire Marathon, whether to participate or simply spectate and cheer others on, it’s advisable to book your accommodation early. The popularity of this and other similar marathon events sees us book up completely – so we recommend securing your stay at Baby Elephant Boutique Hotel as soon as you can.
When you stay with us, not only do you enjoy stylish, comfortable and affordable boutique accommodation in an intimate, friendly, nourishing, and socially conscious hotel environment, but you also benefit from:
- A charming local setting that makes it easy to reach both Angkor Wat and Pub Street
- Our gorgeous saltwater pool with spa jets to soothe your aches and pains
- Rejuvenating and relaxing, all-natural treatments at our on-site spa
- Delicious local and international meals in our Baitang Lane garden restaurant
- Fabulous wines, cocktails, beers, mocktails, juices and shakes
- A daily two-for-one happy hour to toast your run time, and always-$1 draught beer
- Free daily a la carte breakfast, and a to-go breakfast box for race day
- Free pickup service from Siem Reap airport on arrival
We guarantee the lowest rates anywhere when you book direct with us – click here to search for room availability now, and make your marathon visit to Siem Reap one to remember!
For more information on the Angkor Empire Marathon, visit www.angkorempiremarathon.org.
Photo via Angkor Empire Marathon.